Friday 15 November 2013

Living a more creative life. Starting now.

For as long as I can remember, I have loved being creative. From painting and pottery to B&W photography and paper craft,  there was always something I was doing to get my creative juices flowing. And then it suddenly stopped. Probably around the time I started working full time and as much as I tried to continue, inevitably my creative mojo disappeared. Until now. I’ve made a pact to start living a more creative life. Starting now. 

First up was a Kikki K DIY workshop which gave me some cute and clever ideas for gorgeous ways to wrap gifts, make sweet handmade cards and beautiful memory keeping ideas. It was just what I needed to get excited about all the creative possibilities that lie ahead and meant I spent up big in the paper wonderland that is Kikki K!


Next up was pushing myself out of my comfort zone with a Blog Society and Lulu Lucky Modern Calligraphy class. I had never written with a fountain pen let alone a calligraphy pen so  found it really challenging at first to write in that style with a pen and ink but once I let go of my fear of failure and stopped trying to 'write' the words, I found it much easier. It's more like drawing so once I got my head around that, I just went with the flow (pardon the pun). Now I just have to practice, practice, practice.












No comments:

Post a Comment